Hi I am Candi, wife to Storm and Mumma to two beautiful girls Tilly Rose and Sienna Claire.
Who better than my husband Storm to describe me in five words. Sunshine, reasonable, fun-loving, cheeky and altruistic (I then googled what the meaning of this one was).
I remember getting my first film camera for Christmas as a child... the photos were rarely sharp but I loved capturing anything I could. After living overseas my enthusiasm for photography grew and when I returned home in 2010 I began my studies in a diploma of photo imaging, assisting wedding photographers and from there my professional journey began.
People have always been where my photography heart lies. Even when traveling I want to capture beautiful landscapes with people in them.
I have a passion to tell stories through my images. I embrace play, the authentic moments between a family or couple but when needed will guide you as well.
I am all about beautiful natural light!
And yes I actually enjoy being a little ridiculous to help my clients feel completely relaxed and comfortable in front of the lens. Laughter makes the best photos. If you're laughing in anyway, even at me, that's A OK from my side of the camera.
I'm super easy and relaxed to be around, although there are times capturing a wedding where I put my game face on so my couples don't have to stress about a thing. There is quite a lot more to a wedding photographer then creating pretty photos. We are the time keeper of the day, dress fixer, hair watcher, button hole putter oner, the light watcher, the organiser and PA to the bride and groom.
If you think we'd be a great fit for creating special memories together holla!
Speed round... Little things to get to know me
- My fav weekends are spent with my husband Storms with nothing to do but relax, laugh and cuddle our girls Tilly & Sienna
- I'm always keen for a picnic complete with champagne, cheese, butter and a baguette with my loves
- The 't' in my surname de Smeth is silent
- What I love to capture... photographing people. The story, the emotions, the diversity. It's where my photography heart lies
- Flowers ~ Peonies and Dahlias
- Love where you live. So incredibly lucky to have the simplest of luxuries at our feet here the Sunshine Coast
- Sweet or Savoury? ~ Sweet. It's in my name. Gelato for the win!!
- One cuisine for the rest of your life? French. Wine, cheese, incredible fruit and vegetables. Baguettes!
- Winter fashion for the win
- Gin & Champagne
- I love Christmas so much we do it twice a year
- France is my happy place. My husband proposed there so how could it not be
- Our beautiful Macy. The sweetest red tri Australian Shepherd. She's so clever
- Oh and yes my name is just Candi
“Oh my Candi you are amazing. We love that you were a part of our day. Honestly thank you for making our day/weekend so special.
Seriously thank you for making our wedding so perfect!”