Wedding and Portrait Photographer
I love LOVE
Who better than my husband to describe me in five words. Sunshine, reasonable, fun-loving, cheeky and altruistic (I then googled what the meaning of this one was).
I think I'm very easy and relaxed to be around, although there are times capturing a wedding where I put my game face on so my couples don't have to stress about a thing. There is quite a lot more to a wedding photographer then creating pretty photos. We are the time keeper of the day, dress fixer, hair watcher, button hole putter oner, the light watcher, the organiser and PA to the bride and groom.
Yes, I actually enjoy being a little ridiculous to help my clients feel completely relaxed and comfortable in front of the lens. Laughter makes the best photos. If you're laughing in anyway, even at me, that's A OK from my side of the camera. On wedding days, I will also endeavour to take a little bit of time on your day together for some more intimate, romantic moments as husband and wife.
- Picnics complete with champagne, cheese, butter and a baguette beside my husband Storm
- The 't' in my surname de Smeth is silent. It's a dutch thing
- Family catch ups. Although sadly they don't happen as much as they should
- Exploring the world. It's good for the soul
- Photographing people. I appreciate a good landscape photograph but there's something about capturing humans. Their story, their emotions, the diversity. It's where my heart lies
- The outdoors. Breathing in that fresh air
- Fav flowers Peonies and Poppies
- Being a Coasty. The simplest of luxuries we have at our feet here the Sunshine Coast
- Good quality Ice Cream. Gelati, Haagen Daz, Ben and Jerry's
- I like nice food. No particular cuisine. I just like food that tastes good
- I enjoy cooking with a glass or 2 of wine too
- Winter fashion. How good is a comfy pair of boots, a nice warm scarf and a cool hat or beanie?
- Gin or champagne are my beverages of choice depending on occasion
- France is my happy place. I day dream of adventures with Storm, road trips, the history, cuisine and can not wait till we are back again (side note I tried to learn French as it's so beautiful but it was much tougher then anticipated)
- Lastly our newest addition to make us a family of 3, Macy. The cutest, sweetest red Australian Shepherd. She's so clever
Oh and yes my name is just Candi on my birth certificate. But I do get called Candice, Andy or Sandy and I just roll with it.