Wedding and Portrait Photographer
Who better than my husband Storm to describe me in five words. Sunshine, reasonable, fun-loving, cheeky and altruistic (I then googled what the meaning of this one was).
I remember getting my first film camera for Christmas as a child... the photos were rarely sharp but I loved capturing anything I could. After living overseas my enthusiasm for photography grew and when I returned home in 2010 I began my studies in a diploma of photo imaging, assisting wedding photographers and from there I my professional journey began. It's been 11 years and I haven't stopped creating memories with my clients ever since.
People have always been where my photography heart lies. Even when traveling I want to capture beautiful landscapes with people in them. I have a passion to tell stories through my images, I embrace play, the authentic moments between a family or couple but when needed will guide you as well and I am all about beautiful natural light.
And yes I actually enjoy being a little ridiculous to help my clients feel completely relaxed and comfortable in front of the lens. Laughter makes the best photos. If you're laughing in anyway, even at me, that's A OK from my side of the camera.
I'm super easy and relaxed to be around, although there are times capturing a wedding where I put my game face on so my couples don't have to stress about a thing. There is quite a lot more to a wedding photographer then creating pretty photos. We are the time keeper of the day, dress fixer, hair watcher, button hole putter oner, the light watcher, the organiser and PA to the bride and groom.
If you think we'd be a great fit for creating special memories together holla!
- Weekends spent by my husband Storms side with nothing to do but relax, laugh and cuddle our baby girl Tilly
- Picnics complete with champagne, cheese, butter and a baguette with my loves
- The 't' in my surname de Smeth is silent
- Photographing people. The story, the emotions, the diversity. It's where my photography heart lies
- Peonies and Poppies
- Love where you live. So incredibly lucky to have the simplest of luxuries at our feet here the Sunshine Coast
- Ice Cream. Gelati, Haagen Daz, Ben and Jerry's
- I like food that tastes good. Who doesn't
- I really enjoy cooking... with a glass or 2 of wine
- Winter fashion for the win
- Gin & champagne
- I love Christmas so much we do it twice a year
- France is my happy place. My husband proposed there so how could it not be
- Our beautiful Macy. The sweetest red Australian Shepherd. She's so clever
Oh and yes my name is just Candi