Wedding and Portrait Photographer
I love LOVE
Who better than my husband to describe me in five words. Sunshine, reasonable, fun-loving, cheeky and altruistic (I then googled what the meaning of this one was).
I think I'm very easy and relaxed to be around, although there are times capturing a wedding where I put my game face on so my couples don't have to stress about a thing. There is quite a lot more to a wedding photographer then creating pretty photos. We are the time keeper of the day, dress fixer, hair watcher, button hole putter oner, the light watcher, the organiser and PA to the bride and groom.
Yes, I actually enjoy being a little ridiculous to help my clients feel completely relaxed and comfortable in front of the lens. Laughter makes the best photos. If you're laughing in anyway, even at me, that's A OK from my side of the camera. On wedding days, I will also endeavour to take a little bit of time on your day together for some more intimate, romantic moments as husband and wife.
- Weekends spent by my husband Storms side with nothing to do but relax, laugh and cuddle our baby girl Tilly
- Picnics complete with champagne, cheese, butter and a baguette with my loves
- The 't' in my surname de Smeth is silent
- Photographing people. The story, the emotions, the diversity. It's where my photography heart lies
- Peonies and Poppies
- Love where you live. So incredibly lucky to have the simplest of luxuries at our feet here the Sunshine Coast
- Ice Cream. Gelati, Haagen Daz, Ben and Jerry's
- I like food that tastes good. Who doesn't
- I really enjoy cooking... with a glass or 2 of wine
- Winter fashion for the win
- Gin & champagne
- France is my happy place. My husband proposed there so how could it not be
- Our beautiful Macy. The sweetest red Australian Shepherd. She's so clever
Oh and yes my name is just Candi